Contribute to The Famous Hate List, send your hate to Streeter@StreeterSeidell.com Just make sure to include your first name, last initial and school.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Hate For Heat


Me

My understanding of the weather may be a little cloudy (PUN!) but I was always led to believe that there were four seasons in a year. If that’s so, then why on this late-September day is almost 90 degrees? What the fuck is going on, God? I was patient all summer as I sweated through all my clothing, everyday saying “I will not complain about sweat running into my eyes because Fall is on the way and soon I will be cool.” But where the hell is it? Not in New York. It’s like summer never ended here: I’m still uncomfortably hot, the construction workers near my house are still shirtless and I am still afraid to wear white for fear that it will become transparent. I fucking hate summer, I hate it with all my heart and all I want is for it to end. Why, God, why must you continue to torture me well into September? And what’s worse is that there probably won’t even be a Fall this year. It will go from Summer to Winter overnight, like it did last year. Whatever the cause of this is, it must be stopped because I cannot afford to run my air conditioning this far into the year. Long summer, I fucking Hate You!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain and more of it...try over 100 degrees on most days...and like no breeze sometimes...and it never rains!!! but I guess that is what I get in Texas.
~KT...

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Jess W. from Chicago said...

Hey, try living in Chicago where there are only two seasons, sometimes in the same day.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Laura R said...

I completely understand--in Iowa it can snow on Tuesday and by Thursday it will be humid as fuck.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home