Contribute to The Famous Hate List, send your hate to Streeter@StreeterSeidell.com Just make sure to include your first name, last initial and school.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hate For The Handicapped

Me (not me in the picture though)
When I walk down the street I expect a certain level of ambulatory skill from my fellow city dwellers. If you have two working feet and you enjoy walking slow, you better get out of my way. I don't slow down for just anyone either; stopping 230 pounds is a monumental effort and I don't undertake it lightly. However, there is one group of people I really can't find a way to be mad at no matter how hard I try; the handicapped. Not wheelchair handicapped, but cane handicapped. Yes, they move slow because of a physical disability, but that doesn't mean they can't move over, right? Seriously, is it too much to ask these people to not walk right in the middle of the sidewalk if they are planning on covering about a block every hour and a half? I get it, I understand that it is hard for cane folk to move about freely and walk at the frantic pace of New York but c'mon, giving me a dirty look when I shoulder past you isn't really necessary, is it? No, it's not. It's just about as necessary as telling me I'm a "dickhead" who probably "doesn't have anything important to do anyway." Sometimes I feel like telling these assholes that even though I have the physical ability to run, I don't. Cane people who won't move out of my way...I Hate You!
Wow, I'm a dick.

1 Comments:

Blogger honkeie2 said...

Just do what I do and carry an open golf umbrella sun or shine at about eye level. Belive me, they will move with the prospect of getting their eyes gouged out . It is also handy at keeping people at least 2 feet from u at all times.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home